25 February 2008

Wink

Yesterday we had our stake conference in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, and I was priveleged to have participated in the choir. We packed up all of the kids and headed downtown. I ended up late for practice which put me on edge (I'm a little crazy about timeing). I was grumpy and honestly exposed my grump to a few of my close freinds and Kimburs unsuspecting husband. I didn't really mellow till we got up to sing our first song. In the pews, Dalt and Joe were watching me intently, and Joseph shot me the most handsome wink. He instantly brightened my mood, and I felt able to handle the rest of the conference. Since it was Sophia's naptime, and Jennie is just a baby, we enjoyed Sarajanes help with the boys, and Kimbur and Scotts help with Sophia. Sometimes it feels like a family in this ward, and I love it. I think the message was something about temple attendance, (managing 4 kids even with help doesn't allow for much absorbtion of the intended meaning of things.) Whatever the message, I walked away knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me and he shows me through loving neighbors, stretching opportunities, and a perfectly timed wink.

2 comments:

Crawford's Corner's said...

It is always fun when you get a wave or a wink from your kids as you are up singing. There is this little girl that is in our ward and everytime I am up singing in the choir she is standing as tall as she can and waving at me. It make you just feel good! Her parents told us that everytime she song, "We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet" it comes out, " We Thank Thee Oh God for a Crawford"...LOL

hope said...

Sometimes the intended message isn't at all what we get out of it. I just read my February's First Pres. Message and totally enjoyed it, but as I was writing about it in my journal I realized I got a little more from it, and I loved that!