04 February 2008

For Eternity

What a fabulous weekend! Everything went so right, when I felt everything going so wrong.

Katie, (my sister-in-law) was sealed to her parents this Saturday. Many waiting years have come to this great end/beginning. Because of this, I was able to spend a fun afternoon with Randy and Katie, and have my parents stay with me. I love it when my kididdles connect with family and make new memories. A few rousing games of FARKLE, some sledding, and a great meal at Joe Moreley's BBQ were all just wonderful. Oh, and, (this makes me sound/feel old) I've been baptized for 23 years (thanks Annie for the math correction)!

The wrong part started with Joe getting strep throat, continued with Sophia destroying most of my moms make-up, Doug leaving for a business trip to Portland, and saddest of all, me not realizing till too late, that my temple recommend had expired 2 days before:(.

I did get to make some whole wheat bread for my papa, and rub his feet, and help with the Klingonsmiths move, make it for my guitar lesson, and enjoy a lovely lunch with Annie.

The best part is that my papa will be staying with us till after Doug gets home from Portland! Yea for me and my laundry. The kids are already enjoying their sugar high.

2 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

how fun is that having family around. I am glad things went to good from bad. Hey what are you guys up to one of these night next week? Myabe we can plan a time to get together. I would love that. Let me know if there is time soon we can see each other.

Amateur Steph said...

What a cute new family picture. Hopefully everyone is feeling better.