08 February 2008

Missing my Papa alerady

My Mama had to go home on Sunday, but my Papa was able to stay just long enough for me to get used to him being here. When I woke this morning, in between dreams of Tami Ward's, (actually Tenney for the past 10 years) emergency shelter (which included an emergency zoo for the children's enjoyment...) and real baby crying wakefulness, I still thought my Papa would be here to walk Joe to the bus and make sure Sophia was engaged in something good (vs. something destructive of course). We took him to the airport yesterday while the boys were at school, and Sophia wouldn't forgive me all day for letting him go.

The kids love their grandparents on both sides, and so do I for that matter, but there is something magical about Papa coming to stay. Papa makes sure things run smoothly, everything is in its place, and everyone is happy. People are fed and their needs are met (okay, a Doug sized pink and red puppy may not have been a need, but Soph surely can't live without it now). That's my version, the kids might think its magical because of the constant sugars, listening ear, availability to play games, watch TV, go for walks and bedtime stories. I like that dreamy place where my papa is always here, and I don't have to worry that he is missing my mom or that she is feeling lonely. The Prescott family is so lucky to have them both there all of the time, I hope they enjoy them as much as I do.



6 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Always treasure those times when you can with them.

Heather said...

Sherrie, that is how I feel about my dad when he comes. The kids know he is always good a wrestling match and a donut. I love having him here and miss him whne he goes back to AZ. What fun memories.

Elise said...

These pictures are so sweet! I can see a lot of your dad in Sophia-- that same sparkle. I'm glad you had a chance to spend some time with your family!

Elise said...

Oh, I forgot to say how much I LOVE your family pictures! SO BEAUTIFUL!!

hope said...

I haven't seen my dad for almost a year. And that visit was too short. Fortunately they are actually planning on moving into the house nextdoor to us. No joke. Looks like the Paynes are becoming Southerners!

***LIZ*** said...

Great pics, you all look so happy and beautiful!