06 January 2008

The warm smell of...

home made bread. For nine years I've mentioned that I would love to have a BOSCH mixer, but that I could wait till I have the kitchen to go with it, and for nine years Doug has listened patiently to my constant repetition. I still don't have the kitchen, but he surprised me with my very own BOSCH. I don't know if it was his expensive Christmas (a new laptop) that drove him to it, or his overwhelming adoration of my home cooking (probably not), but whatever the reason, I'm in love with this machine. Since Christmas day, I've made banana bread once, cookies twice, dinner rolls thrice, and two six-loaf batches of home made bread, oh, and some home made bread crumbs with the over done pieces. I can't get enough, and it's not only the many warm baked goodies that are irresistible, it seems to have pulled a nurturing sense out of me that I didn't even know existed, similar to how I feel when I nurse a baby out of starvation, my home made, hand made bread comes straight from me into the belly of my family and connects us... binding, calming, filling definitely irresistible.

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

I'm hungry just reading this! I, on the other hand, have tried my bread maker four times and the stuff NEVER rises. I get bricks from my machine (perhaps because it's not a BOSCH?) Your secrets, please?

Liz and Dave said...

YAY!! Got to love a new surprises. I am happy you got your BOSCH. Sounds like you have made some good things. I hope you enjoy it. We need to get together.

Brad said...

Congrats on the BOSCH!!! It sounds like you welcomed it warmly into your home too. One of my favorite sounds in the world is a whirling BOSCH! ;) Wish I was there.

***LIZ*** said...

Yummy! My mouth is watering looking at your bread. I too would long for a bosch but cannot justify it because I all ready own a kitchen aid. I did not yet know the joys of the bosch or I never would have asked for the kitchen aid.

Heather said...

I like you have asked for a Bosch for nine years and I still don't have one. I am very jealous. I can smell the aroma now. I did however get the rocking chair I have wanted for nine years. My last baby I finally don't sit on the floor at night to feed my babies. Yay for you and me!!!

Elise said...

What a great gift! My dad had a Bosch when I was growing up and I remember the best wheat bread ever! Mmmm, warm bread with melted butter and fresh strawberry jam... nothing better!

Call family said...

Hi Guys!!! It's Michelle (ainsa) Call here and I love making fresh homemade bread I just started and I am loving it! I got linked to your site it's great to see you and your awesome family!! You guys look great! Come check out our new blog!