28 January 2008

Reunion


President Hinkley, our dear Prophet since 1995, died last night. I only had a few moments of sadness before I realized what a great moment this must be for him. He has lived every moment of his life for his family, his faith, all the people of this earth, and his sweet wife. The news reported that he attended all of his scheduled meetings and appointments till just this past Friday, WOW! He died like I would love to, at 97, in his home, surrounded by his loving family. I've prayed for him often over the years, and for the last couple of years many of my prayers for him have been to ask for his comfort in the obvious loneliness since his wife's passing. I'm so happy that they are together again, and that he also is able to embrace his friend Jesus Christ. What an amazing man, what an amazing life, what an amazing legacy for the people of this earth.

2 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

I agree, I received a call from my mom at about 7:30 with the update. At first I couldn't believe it, then I was sad and tearful, and then I realized he is with his wife again, and in a much better place. He will be missed!

Ammon said...

I wasn't sad a bit. As a matter of fact, every time I saw him I thought of a comment he made that impressed me deeply. He said a short time before Margerie died that he hopes whoever goes first, that the other isn't far behind, because he couldn't imagine living without her. Every time I saw him after Margerie died I thought about how much he must miss her, and when I heard he had passed away I felt immediate relief for that longing. It was like a happy ending to a romance movie. -Ammon