23 January 2008

Speedy, Mohawk, Spot, Silver and White



Dalton and Joseph received $5 gift cards from Grandma and Grandpa "C" this Christmas. They haven't really had the chance to spend them till now. I explained that spending them entirely on candy was inadvisable, and that they will appreciate them more if they buy something longer lasting. While I was perusing the 75% off Christmas stuff they noticed the fish aisle across the way and begged to head down it, I couldn't say no. We have the tank, gravel, filter, and food left over from Fish Todd (may he rest in peace). The 3 goldfish were only 12 cents each, the 2 ghost shrimp were only 26 cents each, one already died :(, and Dalton splurged on a Tiger Barb for $1.38. They had enough left over to buy themselves a Cadbury egg, and a pack of green gum (who cares what the flavor is, the wrapper is green!). They actually have some money left over and they plan to combine it, to decorate the tank further, (they both think the fish would like a cave), but that will have to wait for another day.

4 comments:

solarlove said...

Okay, so your family is the cutest! And you are the cutest mom in the whole wide world, I miss your humor!! I'm emailing you in just a bit, but wanted to say hi and tell you how cute you all are! Keep in touch, our blog is solarlove.blogspot.com

Brad said...

Wait!! I didn't know Fish Todd died! When did that happen!?!? Super cute fish. Way to go.

Liz and Dave said...

Got to love fish. We have one too. It is a bata fish. We have had ours a year. My niece gave it to Jonah for Christmas last year. He loves it. I feed it Dave cleans the fish bowl. I dont like doing that part. Enjoy your fish!

***LIZ*** said...

Your boys are too cute, and good with money too, impressive.