18 June 2008

They're gone, and I'm green, and a little bit paranoid

Doug, Dalton, and Joseph have left the building. They're headed down to AZ for a Nelson boys fishing trip. They've got movies, junk food, their blankies, and Doug's new i-touch toy, (his fanciest fathers day yet!) to keep them busy on the way long drive.

I for one am so glad that we decided to purchase a 2nd car just the other day so I don't have to be car-less for the weekend. Okay we got it so that I could have some "me" time on Saturdays, and so that Doug could work out more often, and so that we wouldn't find ourselves in the one-car-bind that we've been in for most of our marriage. With all 6 of us actually having schedules to keep up with now, it became a must.

On a green note, I've felt that we were doing our part to have Doug use public transit for all but 1 1/2 years of his University years. Other than the bus and shuttle, I haven't done much else for our environment. Well since the car purchase, the guilt, and desire for a better future has motivated me to replace all of my [burnt out] bulbs with the new energy saving kind, and the kids are taking a bag of recyclables out each day. It seems like a lame time to be buying a second car with the gas prices and the ozone layer and the poor penguins, but we can't be expected to be perfectly green all of the time right?

I hope the boys have a great time, and return to me safely. And if there are any psycho blogger stalkers who have found out where we live, and know that I'm Doug-less, I'll have you know that I have the best neighbors in the whole wide world, and not Isaac, Layne or Ike will let you harm the girlies across the courtyard.

Sleep tight.

No comments: