25 September 2007

Not toilet trained

I can't get Sophia to keep her diaper on. On top of that, she won't use the toilet. Every time I leave her for even just a moment, she takes her pants off, poops or pees on the floor, and then if I'm lucky, she innocently puts her pants back on. Sometimes she doesn't poop or pee, she just takes the dang thing off to be free. This is happening several times a week, and just the other day she snuck up to the playground, did her routine, and came back home buck naked.

The only immediate solution is duck tape. We try to reserve this for night-time, but lately I've been wishing I had the super human power to do it more often. Safe and even application of the stuff requires two (although I think more might be helpful) able bodied adults to put the grey miracle adhesive all the way arround her waist. She kicks, screams, and then we have to make sure all of our scissors are out of reach.

She threw her first real, long, pre-two year old tantrum the other night during our bedtime routine over the duck tape situation. She shouted "No more duck tape!", "I hate scriptures", "You bad mom!", "No singing, no singing, no singing!", "NO Heavenly Father! NO amen!"

She loves her underwear, but just poops and pees in them too. I have a feeling she will be easy to potty train once she gets over her toilet fear. I think she's actually going to love being a big girl, but why is she choosing the few weeks before her sister is born to do it? Why? I would love to send her away to some potty training camp for a week so they could deal with her "crap". Maybe my sister Yvonne is up for the challenge next week. All I know is that I am NOT, I am exhausted, she's lucky that she's cute, and I love her.

4 comments:

hope said...

I am so sorry!! I just went through the final potty training spree with Skylah. My kids wait until 3 years old to show any inkling at all that they are even interested. Skylah is stubborn, so we did potty training in a day with her. Sitting on the potty and me on the sidelines, feeding popsicles, juice, and any other fun fluidic consumable!! After 2 hours in the bathroom, she gave in!! It has been 3 1/2 weeks since then, and she is doing great!! I hate potty training!! It is horrid. Hopefully she gives in to the fear for you soon!! Before you run out of duct tape!!!

***LIZ*** said...

Oh my goodness, i am dying laughing, "no heavenly father, no amen" "I hate scriptures" "You bad mom." She sure is a smart one, knows all the buttons to push.

Elise said...

What a spirited little creature Sophia is turning out to be! I love the tantrum, although I am sure it wasn't nearly as funny during as it is after. Ah, life with toddlers.

New baby yet? I can't wait to hear which name won!

Shanda said...

Sherrie! I am so glad you are part of the blogging world! I must however request more photos! Oh...and I like Mayzie but you have lots of good ones on your list so you can't really go wrong! You know I still think of you as one of my favorite Laurels and I am still a little Beehive! Do you remember that time you picked me up for an activity and we almost got in an accident? It is crazy that we all grow up!