03 October 2007

Still Inside

Dalton came 1 day early, Joe came 2 days early, Sophia came 1 day early, and at 4 days late, (and counting) I'm feeling like I'll be eternally pregnant with this last baby. I don't know how women patiently go all the way to 42 weeks. I've done my best to choose patience, love, and at my weaker moments indifference. I've broken down on Doug at least once a day since last Wednesday, but to no avail. She is still inside.

Gratefully, I've had my sister Yvonne here to keep me company, help with Sophia's pooping episodes, and distract me from my enormous belly. She's been a life saver.

I was scheduled to be induced on Monday the 1st, and was ready and waiting for the call at 6:45am, but 7 other women came in during the night with natural labor, and took my bed. The day ended up being crazy busy at the hospital with the full moon and impending storm pulling everyone elses baby out of them. By 1:30 that afternoon, they let me know that I wasn't going to fit into their day's schedule, and I could go ahead and eat some real food. I chose spicy Curry-in-a-Hurry with the hopes of bringing on some serious contractions, and it worked.

I had also been drinking my red-raspberry leaf tea, taking black cohosh, walking a ton more than I have the entire pregnancy, and doing all "other" home methods of labor inducement. So when we settled down that evening to a movie and the contractions came, I was not at all surprised, more excited to get this show going! Yvonne timed them for 3 hours till they were about 7-9 minutes apart, and I was moaning through most of them. We called in my neighbor Kimbur to sleep with our kids, and headed for the Hospital.

At Cottonwood Hospital, I was admitted, checked, and monitored for 3 and a half more hours with regular contractions only to find that my body refused to progress. My midwife Julie Jones sent me home with some heavy meds and a promised birth-date of Thursday, October 4th. Induction is tomorrow morning, and they will NOT bump me this time.

I loved Sophia's fully natural labor, and wished for this one to be the same, but again... this baby's still inside, and my patience has been tested to its limits. I'll be praying to go into natural labor tonight, and you'll hear the rest of the story soon after we live it.

5 comments:

hope said...

Good luck!! We love you!

Elise said...

Good luck!! I'll be thinking about you all day today!

By the way, yes, I change my blog header every month. It's kind of fun. :)

Love you!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Heather said...

I am praying for you and hope this is the time for you. Enjoy having that new baby.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Can't wait for the story! Hope everything went/goes as well as you have planned. Trenton came four days late and since I was thinking he might be early it felt like an eternity and I felt like I was losing my sanity. So I know how hard the waiting game can be!

This one I was sure would be late, but they have been telling me she could come any day, so I have been scrambling to get ready. Our little girls will be so close in age!

Happy thoughts and prayers your way!

***LIZ*** said...

I hope everything went well and you have a beautiful baby girl by now!