13 September 2007

Stomach Flu

Ten days of the stomach flu have kept me from doing much of anything. Those words "stomach flu" don't really sound as terrible as they are. It is more like a stomach and bowel wrenching with nausea, fatigue, and muscle weakness coupled with a periodic fever... sweats, chills and all. I got it, Doug got it, but gratefully Joe is the only other one who vomited, and it was totally contained on his bed. My midwife was a little concerned with my 5 pound loss this week, but I couldn't help it. We think the baby is okay though, she has had my bowels to wrestle and sing with, and I'm pretty sure that when I wasn't eating anything for several of those days, she feasted on my limited muscle supply. It should be over soon.

2 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Oh, no, it is never fun being sick, but the worst when you are pregnant. I hope you feel better soon.

Heather said...

I feel so bad for you. What a terrible way to have to function, because moms still have to function even when they don't feel good.