13 September 2007

PHS Football Hall-of-Fame

This morning I said goodbye to my little family. They're off to AZ to have a wonderful time with grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, with a whole slew of planned activities. The kids are most looking forward to being out of school, playing with family, eating out, and using the new DVD player we got for the 12 hour trip each way. Doug is most looking forward to seeing some old coaches, and friends, and reminiscing the old football days, (I'm sure Jennie will be right in with those conversations). I am most looking forward to a clean house, and as much rest as my body can take in. I'm so happy for Doug, (and his mom too!) he remembers those days with such fondness. I think he's pretty excited to show some of those people that he has become much more than a football jock as well. With a great family, a fabulous education, and a bright future, Doug really has it all.

4 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Congrats to Doug!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I enjoyed the day with the children and Doug. He's very considerate by spending time with us and his family. I can't wait to hear what he said about his "photo shoot" with Randy. He went on the field and made him pose after everyone else left. It was hilarious! The banquet was yummy and the presentation was fabulous. Prescott High lost to Bradshaw in overtime by 1 point! Sad way to end the evening.

Heather said...

yea for Doug, I bet that was a proud moment and cool that his kids could see it too. Congratulations

hope said...

How fun! I hope you got some rest after all that sickness. Yuck! I was prego with Skylah when that happened in our home, too. I was the only one well enough to go to Walgreens to get some meds for the kids for other reasons. But apparently not well enough! I was dehydrated from all the "fun" and passed out in the chair. Next thing I remember is the pharmacist waving my face with a paper and asking me if I am okay! Long story short, Shawn had a friend bring him to get me so we didn't have to abandon the van. On our way out we picked up a few gallons of Gatorade (he is such a stickler when it comes down to me and dehydration).

Congrats to Doug. Sorry PHS lost that night, but at least it was close!