20 May 2010

Sophia


Mom you can't make me smile. (I'm so in love with these freckles!)

Sophia at 4 1/2 is AWESOME! She has loved pre-school and doesn't even seem to mind that I've been her teacher. She's a fabulous cutter, and can write and say the sound of all of her upper and lower case letters. She's trying to put the sounds together on her own to read the words, but gets a little shy when she notices me listening in on her. She enjoys coloring in the lines and does most pictures in a pink pallet just like "Pinkalicious"

She is very sensitive to the spirit. She'll hold my cheek when I cry, and tear up right with me if she feels it too. She still doesn't understand why Jesus had to die on a cross, and unlike most of us who just accept it, she questions why every time she hears the story. She likes to answer questions in Primary, and her answers are always beyond what the leader is expecting of her.

She's growing like a weed lately. We just found the dress-up box from the move and she was a little sad to realize that she doesn't fit into many of the 2T outfits anymore. She's not ready to pass that stage in life just yet. She almost always carries a purse, the contents of which include but are not limited to, paper, colored pencil, eraser, mirror, and lip gloss... usually there's a few stray beads, a torn ribbon, an old dandelion and a rock or two as well. She still prefers skirts and dresses to pants, and I realized as I unpacked clothes for spring/summer that she doesn't have any shorts or capris and she's totally happy with that.

My favorite time with her is when we read together, if she's heard the book a ton, she'll mouth the words right along with me. She stares into my eyes and sees right into my soul. I also love her fresh out of the tub all snuggled in a huge towel like when she was little... she's still my little girl.

She's snuggly, independent, strong, passionate, curious, bright, thoughtful, helpful, hard working, and just darling. She hates for me to do her hair, but loves when it's done. She hates for me to dress her, but loves how she looks in the ensembles I choose for her. She loves helping me in the kitchen, and sees things before I tell her they need to be done. She is an absolute delight and I'm glad I get another year with her before she goes to kindergarten.

1 comment:

Shirley Nelson said...

She loves her Abuella! I'll make sure the nail polish is safe when we visit. It will be fun to see her face when the colors change in the sun.