24 May 2010

Jennie's new bed in her very own room


In preparation for Joe's baptism, we needed to figure out sleeping arrangements for my parents and Doug's parents. So we threw the boys down in the unfinished basement, separated the girls, got Soph her queen bed, and Jennie got this darling daybed with trundle. I got the super cute Pottery Barn quilts from Downeast for $20 each, isn't that the dang cutest steal you've heard of in ahwile! The darling green baskets were $1 each in their after Easter sale. I just love how it looks so far, when we get the walls and furniture painted, hang some original art and her mirror, I'll post a real finished picture, but for right now, doesn't she look happy!

Doug's dad George just agreed to paint a tree and some birds on Jennie's wall, a mural of sorts. I'm so excited! I'm in love with these trees from my sister-in-law's craft blog. Thanks for the inspiration Stacie! I love all of these birds, inspiration from googling modern birdie images, thanks google images:)









4 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutly love it!!! So girly! That bed is adorable!

Sherrie said...

Thanks!

Stacie said...

I would be totally flattered if Jennie (or you) wanted one of my designs in her room! I wish I could do it for her then she could look at it and think about me, Mike, Harley and NikDonald! George will do an awesome job! I wish we could be there for the baptism. Love you guys.

Trish said...

I love it! I can't wait to see what George does! :)