03 August 2008

Drew & Marielle get married



Since we hadn't been to AZ in awhile, and we'd never been through the Eastern part of Utah, and our first official destination was the Snowflake Arizona Temple, we headed that-a-way. The drive was spectacular with beautiful weather, and extraordinary sights. I lamely didn't catch too many photos, but I'm not sure a picture could really capture the grandeur and beauty of the arches, monuments, and petrified forests along the way. Here's a rainbow, and here are my kids at 4 corners Utah/Colorado/Arizona/New Mexico.









We made it in time to attend Marielle's Endowment session. I love being in the Celestial room with family. Marielle is the youngest in her family and her parents were able to celebrate all of their children being in the Celestial room together for the first time. The Snowflake Temple is beautiful even at night.



Outside the Temple the following day, all of the cousins watched my children and awaited the wedding party. I love family.

Sophia and Andy


Yvonne and Megan


Samuel, Joseph and Chad


Jennie and Ben


So many cousins and not even close to all of them


Marielle's family hosted a lovely after sealing luncheon where we were all happy to escape the heat, relax, and have a little fun.





My favorite part of the whole trip was working with my sisters in Sally's kitchen. Sadly, I didn't get any pics of our busy hands or their home turned reception hall for that matter. Sally had made -I don't know how many- trays of chocolate, strawberry, and lemon mousse and her friend had hand piped chocolate lattice hearts to lay gently on each perfectly rich serving. I was in charge of slicing the artisan breads, stocking the chicken cabbage salad, and refilling the carved watermelon fruit salad bowls. Drew and Marielle had chosen yellow, orange and red as their colors, so Sally had bunches of Gerber Daisies, tablecloths, and a custom fitted jacuzzi cover in the wedding colors. It was colorful, bright, festive, and a happy time overall. While we sisters worked our tails off, my kids got to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa "C". By the end of the day, here's all I saw of my children, Jennie, exhausted on Bens bed.



The following day we enjoyed Brad and Lenora's invitation to their home, and an impromptu Birthday party for Kellen's daughter Arianna. Lenora had a bounce house leftover from a work party that the kids enjoyed, and the trusty old snow cone machine is always a hit.





Mark was pretty tired too.


Yeah, that's Joe's sweaty head.


Randy and Katie invited us over to see their newly remodeled guest room, (I'm pretty sure there was a hint hint in there too) beautiful garden, and freshly painted kitchen. Spencer enjoyed humiliating us all while letting us ride his trick bike. He makes flipping and 360's look so easy, and I could barely pedal down the street on the brakeless thing. Doug did better than me, but just barely.

Andy and Sally took us to hike Thumb Butte where we enjoyed the beautiful Prescott views while my Mama and Papa watched the girls. I was a minimalist and didn't pack the camera, slacker I know.

Overall, our AZ trip was fantastic! We love our family, and are happy to add Marielle to the group.

2 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

Looks like you all had a Blast on your trip. I am gald you all got to enjoy your trip.

***LIZ*** said...

I love all the family pics. Don't you just love getting together for weddins and you get to see everyone all at once. I can't believe Drew got married, where did the time go?