19 August 2008

Yellowstone Must See's!

Silex Spring

Bacteria Mat

Fountain Paint Pots

Huge Elk

Excelsior Geyser Crater

Grand Prismatic Spring

Dirty Camping Baby Jennie

Stinky Sulphur Cauldron (notice buffalo in the background).

Baby enjoying outdoor church

Old Faithful

Teeter Totter Forrest



Seismograph Pool

Black Pool

Yellowstone Lake

Abyss Pool

This poor burned up kid and his flailing camera

Prismatic Steam off the Grand Prismatic

A real live bear (cinnamon colored black bear, I swear)

Mammoth Hot Springs

Sheepeater Clif

Firehole River Waterslide

Happy girl eating smarshmallows

Happy boy charring smarshmallows

Happy man with perfect smarshmallows

Happy kid enjoying the sweetness of camping

Buffy the buffalo close enough to touch, (notice van sideview mirror).


And, that's not even half of it! I LOVE YELLOWSTONE! While driving up there, we passed through Idaho Falls where Doug might, maybe, I hope so, get a job after graduation, and if we live there, we will for sure become Yellowstone regulars.

HUGE thank you to the Klingonsmiths who were perfect tour guides/camping buddies. They had to put up with my crazies, (which included a Yellowstone Bingo and 10 prizes for each kid and a bunch of bickering over who got what prize when and if a coyote counted as a wolf). They also handled our 4 kidded slowness to and from everything with perfect relaxedness. And they made the best pork and potato dutch oven dinner ever. Maybe, the Klingonsmiths might, I hope so, move up to Idaho Falls with us, and we could do the Yellowstone again.

Every time I looked up, down or around in Yellowstone, I saw something beautiful, even breathtaking. Today I feel more connected to my earth, and more loved by The Creator of it all. I LOVE YELLOWSTONE!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a fun trip! I like that you said it with pictures. You got some good ones. You look great by they way....

Trish said...

Immaculate! Every picture is perfect... except... where's the bear?!!

I'm totally jealous that you saw all of these wonderful Yellowstone sights. When we've been up that way, we have only driven through the edge of the park and never seen anything amazing. :( I want to go again with the whole family and do the Super Tour!

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip! Love it!

Sherrie said...

There really was a bear, but there were no fences, and there was a ranger with a gun and bear spray to keep us safe. This same ranger wouldn't let us get any closer to get a decent pic of the majestic beast. In this photo it's nothing more than a blurry brown spot in the center to the left.

Elise said...

I LOVE Yellowstone! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of your pictures!! All of you are so dang cute!

I WOULD LOVE IT SO MUCH IF YOU MOVED TO IDAHO FALLS!!!!! (Yes, I am cyber yelling this to you, and imagining a non-pregnant self jumping up and down emphatically) I'm sending "Crawfords to Idaho" thoughts out into the Universe-- hope it helps!

Love you!

Liz and Dave said...

Looks like you all had a blast... I am glad you were able to do that. Got love vacations. I have my Hawaii pictures on my blog if you are interested in looking at them. Hope we can get together soon.

Heather said...

Sherrie, you are so awesome. I absoluetly HATE camping. I keep trying it and I hate it more and more. I do want to see Yellowstone though, so I think I will do the cheesy hotel route. You look great by the way.

Teresa said...

Glad you guys had a chance to go! It was quiet around here with most of the 'big kids' gone. We kept busy with outings - so, our kids wouldn't be quite as bored as just sitting at home with 'no friends' to play with them.
I love Yellowstone too! Although, I've never spend a week there. Thanks for sharing the photos. They were beautiful - makes me want to go again. (I think I missed the bear somehow.:})