27 August 2008

1st Day of School

I set out their clothes the night before and made sure they got to bed at a decent time. Joseph and Dalton learned just this Monday that they aren't in the same class with any of their neighborhood friends, but both had a good attitude about making new friends. They're so ready.

Waiting for the bus.

Goodbye Dalt.

Goodbye Joe.

When they were finally home, they reported a great day. They both like their teachers although Joseph did have remnants of a bloody nose on his shirt, and the story goes that he raised his hand, and she didn't notice him, so he sucked it up, and wiped the remains on his shirt. Aaaaaah, I am not a fan of the 25/1 ratio. My favorite quote for sure is Joseph saying, "I was the best kid in class, I didn't even punch anyone!" And this is actually a really good thing, because a kid DID punch him, and he resisted punching back. Way to go Joe!

7 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

What cute kids you have! Looks like they were ready for the first day of school and excited.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

You just had your first day of school?!?! What is up with Utah??

You have some mighty handsome boys!

Amateur Steph said...

They are so grown up! Are you happy to have them back in school, or do you miss them?

Sherrie said...

I have loved the long summer, and I miss the boys a ton now that they are in school. I am, however, quite pleased at what I can accomplish when only mothering 2 of my children. The backlog of piles have noticibly been dwindeling. It's all good.

Tiffany said...

you are such a good mom!

Jaimie said...

They are growing up so fast!
I love the quotes on the right, by the way. I can't wait to see little Jennie's quote, put down, and cuss. :)

Anonymous said...

Tell Joe that Uncle Mike is very proud of him for not punching anyone on the first day!

Dalton & Joe: we hope you have a great school year!

Sherrie, Sophia & Jennie: we hope you enjoy some girl time!