20 September 2008

Sophia's First Ballet Class

This school year has been hard for Sophia. She's the only BIG person (just ask her) who doesn't go to school, and it's not fair (again, just ask her). She begged, and begged, and on the day I bought the boys some new school shoes, and she saw ballet slippers in the same section, she and I knew the answer. Ballet.

She's in with a class of 3-5 year old girls, and the teacher Miss Kim said that the first day would be more like a tryout for her, and that the tuition for this session could be refunded if she wasn't ready.

Sophia did beautifully! She let me style her hair (buns and pony's only).


She carried her slippers till we arrived in the studio.


She followed Miss Kim's every move and request with the slower reflexes of a 2 year old, but to her very best ability.


I could tell the whole time that she was trying her hardest to please her new teacher, and prove that she could be with the older girls, and her efforts pushed her through.


She's happy!


I'm sure you'll see more of her leotard collection.

8 comments:

Trish said...

Oh wow! She is too cute for words! I can't believe how well she did, though! That's great!

Anonymous said...

Sophia,
You melt my heart. You look lovely in your leotard and ballet shoes. I took ballet for 14 years and it is very dear to me. I started when I was 4 years old. I still love and see my old ballet teacher often. Sometime I will show you pictures of all the pretty costumes I used to wear in my recitals. Good luck with your classes and I can't wait to see more pictures of you dancing. You are so beautiful. Love, Yolanda

m and m said...

Well, If that isn't the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

Liz and Dave said...

What a cute little girl she is dancing. She did so well.. I loved taking dance when I grew up. she cought on so well.

The Karrens said...

Don't you just love little girls in leotards? She is darling and her hair-do is amazing!

Heather said...

Good job Sophia. Ballet is the best things ever. Although Irish Step Dancing is pretty cool.

Elise said...

I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous.

Arizona Dunbars said...

How cute she is a doll.