26 September 2008

My Reader



Dalton finished his first chapter book this past week. He's attempted the Magic Tree House series, the Magic School Bus series, the Flat Stanley's, and so many others I haven't totally kept track, and the thing is that he didn't finish any of them.

Harry Potter had the allure, or the craze that he wanted out of a book I guess. Plus, I told him he couldn't read them till he was older, and then everyone his age started reading them. I found that he had stolen my copy off the shelf, and smuggled it to his top bunk, he was several chapters into it before I caught him, and from there, what could I do?

I am so proud of my little reader, I've even encouraged him to read the second one, so much for holding my ground. Read on Dalton, read on.

2 comments:

hope said...

I tried the age thing as well, but I couldn't keep Z from reading all 7 of them. I can't believe my 8-year-old reads like he does. He has been reading the Indiana Jones series and has been working on Contact. I wish I had the same passion!

Arizona Dunbars said...

Awesome, I love it when they have the reading bug. I can't wait for Taylor to be able to read by himself although I love reading to them.