14 September 2008

House of...

We had the amazing experience today of attending our Stake Conference in the Conference Center. The rule for General Conference, (and all of the seasonal and theatrical performances at the Conference Center) is that no children under 8 are allowed. For Stake Conference, however, we were encouraged to bring all of our children! I just couldn't pass up this opportunity. We TRAXed down and arrived right when they were announcing the speakers. I had no idea that we would be hearing the voice of our Prophet! Not for the whole world, but for us, me, Sherrie Crawford, (and 86 other stakes... but still).

President Monson commanded us (me) to be/have a house of prayer, fasting, faith, order, and lastly a house of God. Sister Lant counseled us to beware of over scheduling, and focus on serving our family, and God.

Elder Ballard spoke, but well, this was Stake Conference, and like any other Stake Conference, we did have all four kids with us and there were moments of chaos. I had to spend some time erasing the pencil off of the walls, and putting the hat on the dolly, and separating Sophia's hand from my hair, and Jennie's hand from my -now broken- necklace, find the elusive pacifier, hand pencil and paper to the boys, and answer questions to which I may never have the answer (how big is that TV screen? It's not really a TV screen, it's a projector mom. Is that real gold? Why is the prophet so small I can smoosh him with my fingers? How long till it's over? How long have we been here? Have I been good enough for a cheese stick?) I can't seem to remember what Elder Ballard spoke of.

Walking back to TRAX and home was peaceful, no deadlines, no rush, just a restful Sabbath. We are an eternal family, we love the Lord, and we believe that the Prophet today is Thomas S. Monson, he spoke to us today, and we will do our best to follow his counsel.

Sophia was today's photographer


7 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Wasn't it AMAZING! I loved every minute of it. We had our hands full with Brookelle so I'm sure your hands were quadruple full :)

Liz and Dave said...

very nice pictures! We had the pleasure to go today too. But, we ended up going to my parents ward to watch it there. I loved the counsil of all of them too. They were great.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

What a truly awesome experience!!!

Heather said...

wow Sherrie, we had Stake conference with 86 other stakes but ours was broadcast from the Marriot Center. It was amazing and I came away with my testimony strengthened. I am so happy you were able to exeperience that peaceful feeling of assurance. If only Aaron could feel that too.

Sarah said...

That was for our stake, too! Cool! We had to watch it at church, though. It was so nice! I am not used to going to church and being filled like that. Nursery is nice, but not very intellectual. :)

Amber said...

Jeni is walking!!!

oh my goodness!! cute little sophia putting her dolls to sleep!and that fair looks soooo fun!!

Amber

Arizona Dunbars said...

How awesome