05 March 2008

Disaster Averted

At least once a year someone will ask, "what are you grateful for?" and twenty people will say the same things, family, friends, health.... I am grateful for all of those things, but my random response that has always been true, and really ranks up there with family is indoor plumbing. Those who know me well have probably heard that one out of my mouth a couple of times already. Sorry to be so repetitious. Today I'm actually grateful for the parts that rarely get used, like that small overflow hole just inside the front lip of the sink that's barely visible and prevents bathroom flooding. This is what happens when I ignore Soph while I blog. Usually she's innocently playing tea, so I don't worry about sound of water flowing in the back of my brain, but this time I found what could have been a disaster. Yea for thoughtful plumbers!

1 comment:

Big MAC said...

of course b-in-law mike (the plumber), wipes away a tear as I read the appreciative words of the mother of my beautiful and adventurous niece. Sophie, I am discovering is alot like her uncle Mike. Maybe one day she will be a plumber like him.