05 February 2010

The Piano


Photo courtesy of Sophia Crawford

It's a Stark Upright Grand circa the 1930's. I found it on CraigsList for only $350! It'll be tuned on Monday and I can't wait! So far, the kids and I are loving it, and it hasn't suffered much abuse at our hands.

Since we're so new still to the costs of living here, we're not committing to lessons yet. I do however have my old books from my one year of lessons, (all I can seem to remember is where middle C is :) and I have a new teach-yourself-piano course by my old, old, old Bishop's wife. Dalton is enjoying learning his 5 note scales, and I love the sound of real music in our home!


Here, Sophia is attempting to play the Book of Mormon.

3 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Aren't piano's great!!! Scottie got me one for Christmas and I have played it everyday since having it!!!

Jaimie said...

That's so exciting! I'm happy for you guys. :)

Rachel said...

That's awesome!! Congrats! You will have so much fun :)