18 February 2010

The Nelsons take over Lake Havasu City


Some families get together for Christmas or Easter, but our family celebrates Presidents Day with a bang! Lake Havasu City hosts the WPA Winter Blast each year which amounts to 2 hours of the best fireworks I've ever seen set to music and perfectly timed. That's the draw... or maybe it isn't. Maybe it's the 75 degree weather in the middle of my freezing Idaho winter. Maybe it's the Nelson Iron-Chef-cook-off, or the three new babies and their parents or maybe just spending time at my parent's new winter home or watching Chad in action serving his heart out in his ward as the Elders Quorum President, or seeing my nephews for the last time as they plan on serving the Lord on a mission for The Church of Latter-Day Saints or allowing my children to grow even closer to their cousins to deepen those relationships. Whatever the draw, I loved this past weekend, I enjoyed every second of it, (even though I was super sick the whole time) and it was absolutely worth the 16 hour drive. I love my family!

6 comments:

hope said...

What a full and exciting weekend!! I can't picture Chad as the EQ pres. How wonderful!! I am so excited for your entire family!!

Sherrie said...

Picture all of the charisma of High School Chad focused on the gospel, and missionary work, and service, and you have the real Chad. Oh, and he's an attentive husband, and as expected a super fun dad... an asset to any quorum. Picture it all. He's the real deal.

Jenny M said...

How fun! I miss you guys!

Jenny M said...

How fun! I miss you!

Shirley Nelson said...

It was all that and more. We feel so blessed to have such a loving family. You didn't mention your team winning the Iron Chef competition, even though your team had 6 on your team and a REAL lemon. What would a competition be without a couple of memorable events. Thanks for sticking up for Chad.

Brian & Erin said...

We love Lake Havasu! Usually when we are there it's 120 degrees though. Glad you escaped the winter gloom. We had book club last night and were thinking about you:)