17 October 2008

Sophia is 3!

Sophia had a WONDERFUL birthday! Everything for her Princess Tea Party was prepared ahead of time, and I felt virtually no stress. We invited 16+ kids, and since they're pretty young, many parents, and babies came too. We played games, colored a petal for pin the petal on the flower, dizzied ourselves, and did our best to pin it on. We ate a little lunch which included Sophia's favorite meatballs, fruit, and tea sandwiches. Vivi pointed out that even though this was supposed to be a tea party, no tea was served, instead, we had apple juice in Princess cups. I didn't have time to frost the cupcakes, so decided to lop some frosting on top of each one just before giving them to each child, and let them frost each cake with their fingers, this was of course a hit! Then everyone was begging for Sophia to open the gifts they brought. I love how children get excited to watch the gift they picked out, or wrapped, or decorated, or wrote a card for, get opened. The sweet little 3 year old didn't disappoint! My friend Joanna hit it on the head when she said little Soph was just like a Mini Miss America. Each gift was opened with a squeal, and gushed over with unprompted thank you's. I've actually never seen anything like it, she was so excited with each new deck of cards or magic wand she couldn't really contain herself. We then gave out thank you bags to each of the kids, and really we lived happily ever after. She spent the afternoon playing with her new toys, and being super obedient, and acting all potty trained, we had macaroni and cheese for dinner, and she went to sleep without her pacifier. Sophia at three has been a delight. I love this girl!

(p.s. I hate posting without pictures. I did just get the e-mail stating that they've shipped my camera back to me... I'm just waiting.)

4 comments:

Trish said...

Oh, I hope someone there was taking pictures for you! Sounds like a delightful day for a delightful girl of a delightful Mommy!

m and m said...

Sophia's birthday sounded so wonderful. She is a very poised 3 year old! I have to say, even though I have not spent alot of time with her, I too think she's pretty awesome and love her. Happy Birthday Sophia!
Love, Aunt Jolene

Anonymous said...

sherrie, I can't believe your babies are so big! We can't wait to see everyone at christmas time. we love your cute family.

Marissa said...

Holy smokes! Can you believe we have 3 year olds...granted, you have other year-olds as well...I just can't believe our two year olds are three now! Miss you so much!

Marissa