05 July 2008

The "E" word

Those of you who know me well, know that I love to play. I'm active, I love games of mind and body, but I'm not... well... athletic. I'll do just about anything in the name of fun, which often includes things like hiking, swimming, 5k's and the like, but I've never, before now, been an "E"xercisor (is that a word?). Well I've decided that part of the reason why I'm not so much into the "E" word is because I've always said that I'm not into it. So from now on, if you ask me, I will try to say that I love to exercise, and I swear to not use any hint of sarcasm. Let me practice, (uh, hm).

I love exercise. I love to exercise. I love how exercise makes me feel. I love planning to exercise, and then following through with my plans.

So there you have it, I've turned a new leaf, and I am now a fully fledged exercising person. This new person will soon be leaving the realm of the "F" word (fat)... more to come.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I would never have guessed you didn't like to exercise. I think you are wonder woman and can do anything, so since you turned off the leaf, you will easily be able to keep it up:) but just in case- GOOD LUCK!

Heather said...

Sherrie, I am right there with ya. I need to shed about 5-10 lbs of huggable padding but the "E" just doesn't come easily either. Good luck to you.

Trish said...

Ew. You said the "E" word. I want you to inspire me (as you always have), but I'm not sure on this one... Ew. The "E" word gives me the creeps.

In all seriousness, a few years ago I got into the "E" thing and enjoyed it
until it got hot here. (Which is what? 9 months of the year?!!!?) Okay, I have been thinking about dusting off the treadmill, but, I think I will need your inspiring encouragement. I want it to be fun. Because, we are Sisters in Sameness! :) I love to have fun and play!

Jaimie said...

Only 11 days left (counting weekends)! I can't wait to hear the bragging. ;) Keep me posted!