10 October 2007

The Glorious Gown

Finally in labor! Contractions started at 3am, just a few hours before the induction, still 15 or so minutes apart. We arrived at Cottonwood Hospital at 7:45 the scheduled induction time. Julie broke my water at 8:30am and, my labor progressed all morning. Lewis (Doug's brother) and Yvonne (my sister) arrived to visit and help around 11am. Lew left around noon and things got intense from there, when the contractions went from a slow 7-10 minutes apart to 1-3 minutes apart. Doug was my counter pressure HERO! Yvonne kept me from hyperventilating, and overheating. I demanded Julie (my midwife) and the nurse come in at 1pm and was delighted to hear that it was indeed time, and I could push with the next contraction. At 1:16pm and with one "Olympic weight lifting grunt" Jennie was out of my body and then resting on top of my belly, safe, happy, and I can't overemphasize OUT! Her labor and delivery were perfect, I got everything I wanted, most importantly a beautiful healthy baby girl.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yea, I am so happy for you. I come up there on Mon. to the U of U for my MRI. I would drop and say hi but I know what its like having a new baby. Enjoy your little Jennie and love her tons.

Kimbur said...

That is one HOT MAMA!!!