24 May 2010

I'm Cold!

It's snowing. Huge. Fat. Flakes. (read Fat as the bad word it is!) I think that this isn't so bad really except that I'm cold today.

Our ward had a preparedness meeting to discuss the real danger here in Idaho, and it's a winter storm. Could I have been a pioneer? Thanks to Doug's Mom, we're doing pretty good on quilts, but if any of the AZ folk who will NEVER use them wants to contribute one of theirs to our store, I'd take 'em.

The real bummer is creating a happy home for Doug, (who grew up in Hot, Hot Mesa) when I myself feel cold. I've pulled him through this winter with my happiness for this home, and my gratitude for how hard he's working to provide for us, and I've turned every cold night into a snuggly warm time. But I'm cold.

I hear President Monson telling me, "Trust in the Lord." Okay, so I'll snap out of it now and trust that this snow has a purpose in MAY and I'll make chili for dinner tonight, and I'll wear an extra layer of clothes and my socks all day too.

I'm grateful for my home, and space heaters, and an operable oven, and food to cook, and hot water from the tap, and sweaters, and gloves, and kids who don't seem to notice the weather at all.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

It's SNOWING here too!! :( Not a good sight for a Monday

Bradeigh said...

It snowed in SLC today too! And I am cold. I was cold last night and I am cold today. Chili for dinner sounds yummy though. But not as good as a barbecue.

Sherrie said...

This might sound ridiculous, but it's comforting that you're cold too.

Since visiting SLC this past weekend, where it was sunburningly warm outside, and seeing so many of my friends, and feeling so at home, I've been a little sad and unmotivated.

I'll be fine, I'm sad I didn't see you two. It'll warm up, and until then there's dinner to make.

***LIZ*** said...

I just got rid of 3 electric blankets at a yard sale, sorry they could have all been yours. I wish they could have gone to a better home in ID, instead of just down the street in Mesa.

Sherrie said...

Liz, me too.

Jaymie said...

welcome to my home!!! i appreciate the cold weather.. because i love being bundled up.. and the feeling you get when you look outside and its raining.. i just LOVE it. But I agree... its time for it to get warm outside.. although- just to warn you. It will never get 'hot'. Sorry!! :)

Jaimie said...

I was in Phoenix on Thursday - 95 degrees. Came home to cold weather, and big fat snowflakes on Saturday. I sat by the fire and organized paperwork all day. The snowflakes are beautiful, but so not supposed to be coming down in May. I'm very concerned about our climate and how our poor world is imploding on itself. Brian thinks the next ice age is coming...

hope said...

Well said. Wow! You think it will be snowing out west when we come out to Utah and Oregon in a few weeks??

Sherrie said...

The next ice age wouldn't surprise me at all at this point. I'm just bound and determined to be prepared when it comes. And Hope, I would hate to be a meteorologist, and I won't even attempt for you my dear friend.

Elena said...

Yah....winter in I.F. pretty much sucks. But I promise the summers here are the most beautiful on the planet. Warm days and cool nights, it's worth the wait.

Arizona Dunbars said...

I feel for you. You could have been a pioneer though. Listen to your good attitude. I don't think I could have said half those things if it was me.

Trish said...

Oh, Sherrie. :( At least it should start being summer now! :)