07 December 2009

Uncle Lew


Lewis knocked on the door last night, and Jennie squealed, "Uncle Lew, it's Uncle Lew... Oh, I love him!"

We never know when to expect his visits, he teaches a ton, has art shows all the time and is busy with his own life, but when he pops into our little life, it's always made better. The kids adore him, and it's taken a few years, but I think he's grown accustomed to their kidness (dirty faces, loud voices and half dressedness) and I think he'll actually miss us when we move. Jennie will miss him the most, he has had her heart from the day she was born, their bond is just perfect.

Here he is reading to Jennie. Notice Jennie's bangs? Yeah, that's what Sophia did one quiet afternoon while I was baking Thanksgiving pies... so sad.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Lydia is missing a chunck of hair in the back for the very same reason :) At least you'll have a picture to help her remember when she's older! xoxox

Kimbur said...

You saw it coming! We even discussed it before I left! Crazy! Gotta love Sophia

***LIZ*** said...

I feel the same way about Lew, I love that guy!! And I love the family picture on the top of the blog, you guys looks so great, especially you Sherrie, you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Aww.. that's funny (the kidness) and sad (the bangs).