04 March 2008

Sophia's Big News


Since Thursday she has been potty training. Actually she has wanted to do this since I was 8 months pregnant with Jennie, so maybe I should say that since Thursday, I have been willing to help Soph potty train. She just decided that she wanted to wear underwear, and that was it. Thursday was great, she even had a small accident, and held the rest till she made it to the toilet. Friday was great. Saturday and Sunday were not so great, with mulitple accidents, but she did take a nap with no diaper and no accident. Monday was fabulous, and that's when we learned that we needed to spice up the treats, dried mangos were traded for large pink marshmallows. Today is the big TA-DA with Soph waking up from her nap to tell me that she had to pee, and she did both numbers at the same time. No accidents yet to report since Sunday, and I hope I'm not counting my chickens too soon, but, oh wait. There's an accident. That's how it goes I guess.

5 comments:

Crawford's Corner's said...

YAHOO, Good job Sophia!!!

hope said...

Yeah!!!

So, just like everyone else's blogs, I am "catching up"! So, you have an adorable family! Love the piture of Jenny... she is growing so fast.
Food for thought... Wow! I hate to think of what we might be wasting our money on when it could be better utilized. However, I am one of the Americans that does buy more fresh stuff and a lot less junk food.
What's in my bra?? Not that!! LOL I have never stored anything in my bra (with the exception of the obvious), but I have found a crumb or two down there on occasion.

Sherrie said...

Mean mom just ate a pink marshmallow in front of crying Sophia after cleaning up a messy pair of underwear. If I do all the work shouldn't I get the reward too?

Brad said...

That's great!! I see the logic in Mom getting the reward if there is an accident. I'm stealing that from you.

***LIZ*** said...

Oh my goodness, that is too funny, I love that you just ate her prize in front of her! I am so tired of parents who spoil their children rotten and teach them that concequenses do not apply to them and then wonder why they have poorly behaved children! Okay I am done ranting.....