13 March 2008

Relaxedly Happy

I'm feeling really blessed right now. I survived the 3 days as a single mom just fine. The help of all of my neighbors, including awesome fry bread, and cheese manacotti was way more than I was expecting. All of the kids adjusted to day-light savings time like champs (way better than Doug or I have actually). My normal uptightness over the house has eased, and I'm slowly ticking away at the to-do list without it feeling like it will overpower me. My family loves me, my neighbors are great, It's gloomy outside, and I have a smile on my face. Some days, a smile is just all I need. Doug made it home safely, and was much happier to be home with us in our chaos than to be making $, and eating fancy food in Portland. Overall, my life isn't magazine page worthy, but it's good, and actually much better than some of the families who do make those pages. I feel blessed.

1 comment:

hope said...

I never look forward to those sinlge mom moments. Good to hear you made it through with a smile though.