13 November 2007

Today I chewed

So a couple of days after Jennie was born, I started weaning myself from the pain meds. Normally this is a simple process, but this time I was left with a dull headache. I rarely get headaches, and I'm pretty sure I've never had a migraine. This one persisted for a week before I started complaining about it out loud. My mom mentioned that after she birthed Randy, she had a headache that was linked to needing some dental work, and that was the first time that I realized that the pain was indeed radiating from my jaw. At the same moment I remembered a conversation 6 months ago where my dentist mentioned that I needed a root canal; he was shocked that I wasn't in pain at the time when he looked at the x-ray. Well the headache got worse, the first root canal visit was scheduled, and I've been in even more pain ever since. The second and last root canal visit where they actually hammer the toothpick looking things into the hollowed out roots, and then cap it all pretty was last Wednesday, and today is the first time in over a month that I have been able to chew. I have pictures from Halloween, Jennie's blessing, Joseph losing his first tooth, and a blog about my last moments of being Primary President to catch up on, but for now, I'm just happy to chew.

2 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

That sounds Aweful Sherrie. I am glad everything is getting back to normal. I am so glad we are in contact again. Yes after Thanksgiving sounds good.

Brad said...

That really is awful!! I bet it will be a long while before you take chewing for granted!! I want to hear all about all your other news soon. Continue to get better.
Tracey