14 November 2007

Swilt?

All Joseph would wear last year were sweats. Each pair got a hole in the knee within the first couple of months, and I made him wear them till the season changed. He looked raggedy the entire time, but I was not about to buy him a slew of pants when I knew the fate of anything new. I saved them with the intention of turning them all into shorts. Then I got pregnant, then I got sick, then I cooked dinner, then I went to sleep... for some reason hemming these worn out old sweats into shorts never topped my to-do list. So I sent the holey bottoms to Grandma "C" to see what she could make of them... sure enough, a swilt arrived with her when she came for the blessing. This quilt made of sweats is one of my and Joseph's favorites, and he has slept with it every night since.

1 comment:

Jenny M said...

That's an awesome idea! I need to stop throwing things away and perhaps, MAKE something out of them! I just need that little push called motivation...