19 August 2007

Welcome to our blog, I finally created one. Here is a photo of what our little family looked like last fall. I'm not going to show off my award winning pumpkin of a stomach till it's absolutely ripe. You can take this pic and add a bit more hair to Soph, and a bit more belly to myself, a few less pounds from Doug, and take away a few teeth from Dalt. Joe has only added charm, and intelligence which aren't really visible in jpeg format anyway.

I'm on the countdown to mother of 4 with only 6 weeks to go. I can't wait! We're still stumped on her name, and some preliminary polls prove inconclusive with 3 names tied. As for the results, you'll all have to wait till October.

Doug starts classes on top of his designing/consulting work tomorrow, and could use all of your prayers. This semester will prove a serious juggling act for our whole family.

Dalton starts 2nd grade next week, and can't wait. He has his first and second outfit already picked out, and I love that his Wasatch Elementary School pride shirt is in the top 2. He has enjoyed learning how to play chess, ride his bike well, and recover from tree climbing concussions this summer.

Joseph graduates from The Childrens Center Pre-School on Wednesday, and he can't wait! He has enjoyed his 2 years there and sometimes comments on how his teachers love him more than I do. They don't make him get shots or refuse to clean his favorite shorts every single day. He will miss them. He will not even have a full week off before starting Kindergarten though, which he laments. He's mostly excited about eating lunch on a tray in the cafeteria, and learning how to become as smart as his big brother Dalton.

Sophia is so charming she's dangerous. She announces her every move and intention with amazing clarity. "I'm going downstairs now." and "I want to hold the banana, and then you can have the first bite." Sadly, I overheard her with her dolls (my dolls really), "Do you want to color with me on the paper...you better hurry, we're running late." Apparently I say that quite often. She is mostly soft and gentle with any baby that can't walk which is a comfort to me. Her new little sister will likely endure many dirty kisses, and seemingly gentle, but obviously rough hugs from a doting big sister.

Baby Crawford moves a ton and for the past several months has measured right on schedule with her due date. This month however, she shifted positions with what I'm sure is a foot on my sciatic nerve, and grew 2cm larger than expected. I have in my head that she'll weigh 9lbs. 9oz. so that if she's any less, I'll only be relieved. She is invited to come any time after Doug and the kids return home from their Football Hall of Fame tour in AZ, Sept 14th-16th.

7 comments:

Elise said...

HOORAY!!!! Sherrie, I love you so much and reading this first post just reminded me why. I am thrilled that you are a blogger-- now I can check up on you all the time!! I love all of your girl names, by the way!

Visit us at http://cehansen.blogspot.com

Elise

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!!! I didn't know you were pregnant!!!! That is awesome!!! Congrats!

I'm so glad you started blogging. You are a really good writer and it will be fun to keep up with you that way!

Ammon said...

I miss you 10 zillion! Thanks for letting me know about the blog. I hope blogging brings you many happy hours.
YO! THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Hey Sherrie,

I found your comment on Jared and Suzy's page. I love finding blogs! Congrats on #4. We are having #3 (a girl) in October. Still aren't settled on a name, but had some that are on your list. I really like Eden, but Barry wasn't so sure. One of my sisters was going to use Eve if she ever had a girl (but that hadn't happened) and a friend that is due the same time as me is going with Alice. My little one's middle name is most likely going to be Ruth.

Anyway, it's fun to catch up. If you go to my blog, I have links to Marenda and Shanda's pages, as well. Good luck with the last part of pregnancy and all!

Kendra
bnkhalterman.blogspot.com

***LIZ*** said...

Sherrie & Doug! So glad you have a blog now. I always get the updates from Doug's parents when we visit Prescott, but I am super glad to get the account first hand. Congrats on all the kidos. We also have a blog, come check it out: www.allbecausetwopeoplefellinlove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Sherrie. I'm so excited for your new baby girl. I can't believe you are so close. I'm glad you all had a great summer. Come visit me!

Ms. Hames

Emily said...

Doug,
This is Jeff Loria's wife, he wanted me to drop a line and say hello!

I must say your family is beautiful!

www.loriafamilydialogues.blogspot.com