23 August 2007

I just realized today that all of my kids favorite songs are not traditional kid songs, but my children have given the songs traditional kid song titles. Sophia's is "The Finger Song" which is actually by CAKE, and not at all like thumbkin. Joseph's song is "Chinese Chicken" which is by Bare Naked Ladies, and is more about the adult male/female relationship with it's flaws in/beauties of communication than anything Chinese or chicken. Dalton's favorite song is "The Alien Song" which is actually Stings, Englishman in New York. We've had several conversations about the word alien and how most people on the news and radio are referring to foreigners, and not little green men. Mine is still "The Girl From Ipanima", and although the Sherrie inside is tall, and tan, and young and lovely, the real one is tall...sure, tan...yep, young...perspective says that for some people 30 is young, and lovely??? let's just say pregnant. If anyone wants to tutor me on how to put music on my blog, I'll get these songs for you, and you can smile knowing that every time our little family gets into our big minivan, someone shouts "The Finger song", "No, The Alien song", "I want Chinese Chicken".

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sherrie Nelson Crawford, I saw your post on Liz's blog and had to say hello. I have three kids and your family is beautiful. By the way I am in Lindon and love it up here. I am so excited to get to here about you and all your happenings. Give me a ring, I am on 20 weeks of bed rest and so have lots of down time. Check out my blog too. www.redshoes595.blogspot.com . 801-787-2683. I cna't wait to hear from you.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That is hilarious! It is going to be fun to read your posts--you have such a fun writing style, and some good material!

Kendra