01 November 2008

Doug is 33

Here's a list of what he is and does have that makes him wonderful. Doug is sadly focused on what he doesn't have this year.
1. Doug's eye smile melts me.
2. He is so stinkin' smart.
3. His bachelors in Chemical Engineering makes him an Engineer NOW!
4. Doug will play games with me even though he'd rather do anything else.
5. He reads me to sleep anytime I'm having a hard time settling down.
6. He makes the best darn Chicken Crawford ever. (secret recipe, sorry)
7. He makes the best darn chocolate chip cookies ever. (secret recipe, sorry)
8. He loves the super easy no-bake cheese cake, and I only learned this after trying to make a real home made kind 3 years in a row for his Halloween birthday, (they all cracked by the way).
9. It makes him happy to see me happy.
10. He is goal orientated, and will always be working toward something hugely new.
11. Yeah, after getting a Nuclear Engineering PhD,
12. He wants to get his pilots license, just for fun,
13. and he'll someday learn how to play the piano,
14. and he'd like to be in the 2012 Olympics,
15. as an Olympic Weight lifter.
16. He only snores when he's sick.
17. He beats people up in his sleep, (professors and what-not).
18. He's ALWAYS in the mood for ice cream, even when it's -30 outside.
19. He loves free T-shirts, (and I HATE them).
20. He reads texts for leisure (finance, physics, nuclear, chemical...)
21. His feet, and only his feet, get cold, even in the summer.
22. The rest of his body is a freakin' furnace, which is nice for me in the winter.
23. He rotates all of his clothing for even wear.
24. Everything out of his mouth is sincere.
25. He's not a camper, but I am, and he endured a whole week in Yellowstone just because I loved every second of it.
26. His best friend, (besides me of course) is still his brother Lewis.
27. Dalton lights up when I tell him that he's good at math like his dad.
28. Joseph is proud that he is good at sports like his dad.
29. Sophia's favorite tea party guest is her father.
30. Jennie ALWAYS reaches for dad when he walks into the room.
31. He stands firm in his testimony of Christ.
32. He loves his family fiercely.
33. He is the most accomplished man I've ever loved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug, we hope you had a blast on your birthday! I think Mike has finally forgiven you for ruining his halloween 33 years ago!
We can't wait to see your family at Christmas!

The Karrens said...

Doug... sounds like you've got it all! Happy Birthday!

Elise said...

Happy Birthday, Doug! You're an OLD MAN!! :)