19 July 2010

2 Mile Fun Run


Abraham, Abby, Katie, Me, Dalton, Taylor and not pictured Randy ran on the 4th weekend down in Prescott. We had fun, enjoyed each others company, and started another healthy tradition.

I didn't tell Abraham and Dalton about the race till the day before, and Abe was so cute. He "trained" by running around my Papa's driveway 12 times and was even nervous that night as he went to bed. He came in first from our family and wore his number for 2 full days.

Here's my favorite part, the brother run down... Andy (the oldest and fittest) placed in the 10K. Randy ran the 2 mile fun run with us, but somehow was behind us and then in front of us and then again behind till we realized he was taking short cuts every time he could see the trail ahead of him...all in the name of a good photo of course. And then there was Brad, eating a dilly bar at the finish line. Classic brothers.

Behind the scenes were my Papa, Lenora, Sally, Ben, Marielle, and the babies all working the set-up, after race eats, goodie bags, and take down of the whole race. I love working with my family.

6 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Are you coming down by Gilbert/Mesa at all??? :)

Shirley Nelson said...

I stayed home with mom (Manina) and slept in while everyone was running. On the 4th, we peeled, cored and sliced the remaining apples for pie filling from the race. YUM - can't wait. Abraham excelled @ running and shooting while staying with us too. All of the grandchildren bonded and love their cousins so much. We have a great family!

Jaymie said...

O that looked so so fun!! i miss you guys. : )

Jenny M said...

Oh, I love your energy, girl! Jace is writing Dalton an email, by the way...

Arizona Dunbars said...

That sounds like fun. You are braver than we are. It was so hot that weekend. I would have passed out two feet into the race.

stay young with us said...

Oh, how cute. I laughed and smiled inside at the memory you painted for me of that day.