21 December 2008

10 Years

In the last 10 years, I've grown, birthed, and raised 4 children, conquered depression, supported my husband through a heap of school, taken enough classes to graduate from Institute, moved 4 times, read hundreds of books, learned to enjoy kitchen duties, had 8 church callings, and celebrated 10 wedding anniversaries with Doug, my love.

Our honeymoon wasn't a flashy one. All of our family was in town, which is super rare for the Crawfords. So we decided to spend the days with them and the evenings at a local nice hotel. We got food poisoning right at the tail end, and then started our married life.

Our anniversary dates have been conservative, the Temple and dinner. Nice for sure, it's good to just go on a date alone with the man every once in awhile. A couple of years, my good friend Annie has watched the kids so we could do an overniter, but since we have had 3, and then 4 kididdles, it just seems easier to parent them ourselves.

Each year we like to celebrate what we've accomplished, share what we've learned about each other, and dream of the future. Each year we've said that for our 10th anniversary we'd splurge and go on a cruise. This year has come, we're just as student poor as we've ever been, and it didn't seem prudent, (in these financial times) to take out more loans to finance a cruise. I put it out there though. We're going on a cruise for our 10th anniversary. We're going on a cruise for our 10th anniversary. We're going on a cruise for our 10th anniversary! Doug's response was just in his facial expression, and looked more like "fat chance, hun".

My positive attitude prevailed!

My parents decided to do a HUGE splurge this year for Christmas, (and all 2009 birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and whatnots) and all of us are going on a cruise! My parents, my siblings, my nephews, my nieces, my kids, and my husband of 10 years are all going on a cruise next week! I can hardly stand it I'm so excited!

So, Happy Anniversary to us, Merry Christmas, and Bon Voyage!

11 comments:

Sherrie said...

Sadly, my brother Chad and his expecting wife can't come on the cruise per cruise regulations. My nephew Ben can't make it either cause of some previous travel plans he made with a some buddies of his. We're going to miss them a ton.

Shellie said...

I am sooo happy for you. Any room in your suitcase for me? You deserve every minute of this vacation. Soak it all in. You are a marvelous wife, mother, friend, primary pres., neighbor, etc., etc., etc. You have accomplished a lot in your short life. Congratulations!

Jaimie said...

Awesome! Congratulations!! Have a great time and post pictures. :)

Heather said...

Wow, Sherrie, that is so cool. When did Chad get married and to who? I am so excited for you. You have to get a virgin Pina colada. They are the best on cruise ships. I think Anthony and I ordered 10 each when we went for our Honeymoon. Have so much fun and take lots of pictures.

Lindsay said...

I'm so excited for you! What an accomplishment to have been married for 10 years! :) I hope you have a fabulous time.

Amateur Steph said...

That is so awesome! The power of positive thinking, huh?
Ten years, what a great accomplishment. Have fun and Merry Christmas!

Liz and Dave said...

What a great dream come true to be able to go on a cruise for your 10th anniversary. You all deserve it. Have a wonderful time and Enjoy the time being together.

The Karrens said...

Hooray and Congratulations! Ten years is a big anniversary! Two years ago my family all went on a cruise together for Christmas and it was fantastic! You guys will have so much fun with your family and your kids... our kids loved it and had a fab time... and they slept REALLY good every night because we wore them out every day! Have so much dang fun! You guys deserve it.

Sarah said...

Wow! Have fun!!! Congrats on 10 years!

Elise said...

Sherrie, I'm so excited for you!!! Have a great time! And Happy Anniversary!!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I am extremely envious!! Shawn and I were going to cruise fo our 10th last month, but alas, being landlords to a house with no tennants adds up. We are grateful for he tennants now and hopefully we can cruise another time. Enjoy!! Enjoy!! ENJOY!!!!!