02 June 2009

Dedication

To all of you who forgot to pray for me today, I dedicate the living room, dining room and kitchen covered with a large container of low-fat vanilla yogurt with thawed blackberries. To all of you who think it might just be easy to be a single mom of 4 kids I dedicate the upstairs bathroom, 3 towells, 2 small leather sandals and 2 of my children covered in Jennie's poo. And to all of you who think sharing a room is such a lovely idea for children, I dedicate the 2nd set of clean sheets now drenched in water along with a baby, her fresh PJ's, and a laughing 3 year old an hour past bedtime.

9 comments:

Jenny M said...

I love you and your great sense of humor, Sherrie! What strong woman and mom! I hope I can find the humor and find an intelligent way to share it with others, when my kids go berserk without a dad around. My goodness!

Shanda said...

Well I gotta say you make it sound so poetic. You are such a good sport. I only have two but I know it can be pretty crazy when Preston travels for work! Good Luck and hang in there!

jenpetersen said...

Sherrie,
You are a saint!

Heather said...

Oh Sherrie, I am right there with you. Anthony is out of town 2-3 weeks every month and often my life gets dedicated with the wrong things. Have a great time in AZ

Bradeigh said...

I shouldn't be laughing...but I am. You're hilarious. And probably tired.

Jeni said...

I thought about you because I didn't talk to you all day, but I forgot to include you in my prayers so I take responsibility for not praying for you. You will not be forgotten tonight.

But, I do NOT think it is easy to be the single mom of four kids, nor do I think it is a good idea for small children to share a room. If only the town homes had for bedrooms...

Unknown said...

Oh Sherrie! I know I only have one kid (sometimes 2 depending on how preston is acting that day!), but, I feel your pain somedays. Hang in there! You are always in my prayers!

Kimbur said...

Wow! I am so sorry!

Brian & Erin said...

Sherrie,
You are amazing! My prayers are with you. Miss seeing you at book club!
Erin